Next event: September 29, 2013
BRING YOUR BOARD * SKATE THE SKATERAID RAMPS! Watch demos, participate in contests, win prizes.
Purchase highly collectible artwork made from skateboard decks
Other Activities include live music, carnival games and great food & beverages. $10 admittance, $5 for students, wristband required.
BAND AUDITIONS are now open for SkaterAid 2013.
We are looking for raw talent - no gigging experience necessary. - just a passion to play. All band members must be 18 or UNDER. All genres will be considered. Bands will play for charity, donating time and talent to SkaterAid and the Brain Tumor Foundation for Children.
SkaterAid Auditions: Info and Requirements:
1. Your audition is considered a commitment to appear. You must be able to perform at the SkaterAid event on Sunday, September 29 in Decatur, Georgia between 2-7pm.
2. SkaterAid is a teen event. Band members must be 18 years old or younger. All band members are expected to secure parental agreement and support for their appearance at SkaterAid.
3. Full sound support will be provided at the event.
4. SkaterAid bands will be featured in publicity including local newspapers, magazines, posters, flyers and t-shirts sold at the event. Bands will be provided with a limited amount of publicity material to distribute to their fan base.
How To Enter:
1. Deadline for submissions: July 8, 2013
2. Submit an MP3 of your work by the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put SKATERAID AUDITION in the subject line.
Web links will not be considered. You can also send or bring a CD to:
117 N McDonough
c/o Eddie Minjarez
One sample per band only, please. If your CD contains more than one song, please indicate a single song that you would like us to consider for your audition. Samples cannot be returned.
3. Supply the name of your band, names and ages of band members and the instruments each plays, and the name of your school(s). Be sure to supply an e-mail address and mobile number of a primary contact for your band
1. Bands will be chosen by an impartial selection committee through a blind listening process – no names or information about band members will be presented to the panel.
2. All bands will be notified of their status by July 29. If your band is selected you will be required to sign an agreement committing to perform at the event. Alternate bands will be selected in the event that primary bands are unable to appear due to an emergency. Alternate bands must also sign an agreement.